& Vitamin D3 Tablets
Want strong bones?
Ostelin Calcium & Vitamin D3 is a combination supplement with Calcium
(as carbonate) 600mg and Vitamin D 500IU (colecalciferol 12.5mcg).
Did you know?
- Calcium is essential throughout life to build and maintain bone strength,
as it increases bone mineral density.
- Vitamin D is key for calcium absorption and maintaining bone strength and
- The human body cannot produce calcium, therefore we have to ensure we get
enough calcium through our diet to meet our daily requirement.
- 73% of Australian women don't get enough calcium through diet alone.¹
Calcium rich food
provides a rich
and absorbable source of calcium with 1 cup containing approximately 300mg of
of feta, cheddar and brie provide approximately 270mg of calcium, 480mg of
calcium and 240mg of calcium respectively.4 Yoghurt:
A 200g tub
of yoghurt provides roughly 300mg of calcium.²
Marine based Sardines and salmon
(with soft edible bones)
should be included in a healthy diet for good bones. ½ cup of canned salmon
delivers approximately 400mg of calcium.²
Bean & legume based Tofu:
½ cup of tofu
provides around 430mg of calcium.³ Beans:
½ cup of white
beans contains 81mg of calcium and ½ cup of red kidney beans contains 25mg of
calcium.³ Beans also contain phytic acid, a component that can reduce how
much of the calcium is absorbed into the body. For this reason, you may need
to consume more of this food to meet your calcium requirements.³
Cooked bok choy:
cup serve contains approx. 79mg of calcium.³ Cooked broccoli:
cup delivers approx. 45mg of calcium, 50-60% of which should be
absorbed.² Cooked kale:
supplies 47mg of calcium.³ Raw watercress:
120g (a medium bunch) contains
about 188mg of calcium.4
Bone health across
Pregnancy & Infancy
A developing baby needs calcium, especially during the third trimester of pregnancy when the skeleton is developing. 80% of the total calcium needed by a developing baby is transferred from the mother at this time.5 6
Children & Adolescents
During adolescence, puberty prompts a growth spurt and bones reach their
maximum rate of growth. Calcium is especially important during this time, as
these are crucial years where you are building your 'bone bank' for life.7 8
You reach your peak bone mass at around 30 years old. The more you have in
your 'bone bank' at this stage, the more you can stave off the age-related
decline in bone density.
Menopause & Seniors
Between the ages of 50 and 70, women need more calcium than men to make up
for rapid bone loss during menopause.5 This is why osteoporosis is more
common in Australian women.?
1. ABS 2011, Australian Health Survey: Usual
2. Better Health 2013, Calcium.
3. Linus Pauling Institute 2017, Calcium.
4. International Osteoporosis Foundation 2018, Calcium
content of common foods.
5. National Health and Medical Research Council 2008, Nutrient references for Australia and New Zealand.
6. Kovacs CS, Physiol Rev 2016, 96:449-547.
7. Mitchell PJ et al, Osteoporos Int 2015, 26(12):2723-2742.
8. Better Health 2019, Calcium.
9. Osteoporosis.org 2019, A new burden of
Increase calcium intake and maintain bone strength
Ostelin Calcium & Vitamin D3 contains calcium sourced from naturally derived mineral, and vitamin D3, the form found naturally in the body.
• Calcium supports bone strength and bone density.
• A diet deficient in calcium can lead to osteoporosis in later life. Calcium may help prevent osteoporosis when dietary intake is inadequate.
• Calcium assists healthy bone development in teenagers.
• Vitamin D3 is a key nutrient as it helps increase calcium absorption.
• Vitamin D3 maintains muscle function and healthy immune system function.
Ostelin is Australia's #1 Bone Health brand^
^IQVIA National scan sales, MAT 08/01/2022
Size: 300 Tablets
• Contains calcium to support bone strength and bone density
• Contains vitamin D3 to maintain muscle function and a healthy immune system
• Vitamin D3 is a key nutrient as it helps increase calcium absorption
• Calcium assists healthy bone development in teenagers
• Always read the label and follow the directions for use.
Always read the label and follow the directions for use. Contains soya bean.
Calcium (from Calcium carbonate) 600mg
Colecalciferol 12.5 micrograms (500IU)
Contains: No added gluten, lactose, artificial colours, artificial flavours, artificial sweeteners, artificial preservatives, or dairy products.
Contain soya bean.
Teenagers 13 to 18 years of age: Take 2 tablets daily with a meal.
Adults take 2 tablets daily with a meal. Or as directed by your healthcare professional.
Store below 25°C.
Protect from moisture.